•  
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

Currency changes Meyer from hockey to cricket

“If one slog at anything long enough, they will become good at it” a theory followed by Lyall Meyer’s friend. Meyer played hockey for South Africa instead of a career in cricket is considered a talented one according to the above logic. The modest South African did not mention himself with the warriors for the Champions League T20 propounding to his friend’s theory.

Pacer a 29 year old chap who are yet to get a game in CLT20 says, “By looking at someone like AB de Villiers, a fantastic cricketer, who is good at golf and I’m sure he will be best at any sport he plays”

Meyer’s parents Amien and Rushaan played hockey as his elder sister Kim too, “I always love hockey” he says. His family resides at Port Elizabeth and since 12 he made Eastern Province hockey. As a striker, Mayer played 26 internationals between 2005 and 2006. “I scored by my debut, though I’ll be lying if I think about how many international goals I scored in my career. May be ten I guess” He adds

Meyer at schools plays Cricket for fun and when he wanted to earn he chose cricket. “You pay to play hockey that is amateur sport in South Africa. The choice was between an amateur sport and a professional sport”. As Meyer was young and wild, he made his first debut for Eastern Province at 2001 to 2002.

Meyer states initially he played both sports and managed with hockey in winter and cricket in summer. To make people think he is serious about the sport Cricket rather than Hockey, alas he gave up hockey. Anyways Meyer improved his skills on Cricket through hockey and says “Hockey made me lift my fitness”

0 comments

Leave a Reply

Visit : Click Here to Know the Latest News

Copyright 2011 BoffinNews All rights reserved.